Learning Spark: Lightning-Fast Data Analytics, 2nd Edition by Jules S. Damji, Brooke Wenig, Tathagata Das, Denny Lee
English | August 4th, 2020 | ISBN: 1492050040 | 400 pages | EPUB (True/Retail Copy) | 13.79 MB
Data is bigger, arrives faster, and comes in a variety of formats-and it all needs to be processed at scale for analytics or machine learning. But how can you process such varied workloads efficiently? Enter Apache Spark.
Updated to include Spark 3.0, this second edition shows data engineers and data scientists why structure and unification in Spark matters. Specifically, this book explains how to perform simple and complex data analytics and employ machine learning algorithms.
Through step-by-step walk-throughs, code snippets, and notebooks, you’ll be able to:
• Learn Python, SQL, Scala, or Java high-level Structured APIs
• Understand Spark operations and SQL Engine
• Inspect, tune, and debug Spark operations with Spark configurations and Spark UI
• Connect to data sources: JSON, Parquet, CSV, Avro, ORC, Hive, S3, or Kafka
• Perform analytics on batch and streaming data using Structured Streaming
• Build reliable data pipelines with open source Delta Lake and Spark
• Develop machine learning pipelines with MLlib and productionize models using MLflow