Microsoft Application Virtualization 5.1: Learn to design, implement, upgrade and configure App-V 5.1 by Ralph Jansen
English | 8 Nov. 2015 | ASIN: B017RAT006 | 330 Pages | PDF/EPUB/AZW3 (conv) | 8.33 MB
Learn to design, implement, upgrade and configure App-V 5.1. This book has been designed to lead you step-by-step through all the tasks you want to perform with App-V. It contains a product overview, components, technical architecture of the product and the terminology and requirements to install App-V.
This book contains detailed information about:
• What is App-V?
• What’s new in version 5.1
• Planning the installation
• Instaling App-V 5.1
• Upgrading to version 5.1
• Post installation steps
• Configuring client settings using PowerShell, Group Policy and the Registry
• How to use Shared Content Store Mode
• Creating virtual applications
• Connection Groups (with Optional packages)
• PVAD / VFS
• Feature Blocks, AutoLoad and Fault Streaming
• Unattended sequencing
• Dynamic Configuration files
• Virtualizing Microsoft Office
• Deployment using PowerShell, SCCM and MSI
• Publishing and updating packages
• Integration with local applications
• User State Virtualization (UE-V, User Profile Disks)
• Usage reports
• Backup, Security and Recovery
• Performance, Maintenance and Monitoring
• Troubleshooting (Packages, Deployment, Tools)
• Advanced concepts (Copy-on-Write, Integration Points, Pass-through Keys, Dynamic Virtualization)
• Much much more.
In addition, it is divided into 9 major parts, each of which covers a large topic. Each part, in turn, is divided into multiple chapters, each chapter covering a smaller topic. Chapters are divided into sections and subsections, all designed to help you find the information you need, when you need it. The Table of Contents up front covers all the specifics. The Jargon buster at the back of the book helps you find things based on a keyword or topic.