The Rough Guide to Sri Lanka (Rough Guides), 6th Edition by Rough Guides
English | December 11th, 2018 | ISBN: 0241311748 | 472 pages | EPUB | 64.58 MB
Discover Sri Lanka withthe most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan toexplore the ancient ruins of Sigiriya, wander amid Ella’s verdant teaplantations or explore the cave temples of Dambulla, The Rough Guide to SriLanka will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visitalong the way. Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget. Full-colour chapter maps throughout to find your way amid Colombo’s bustling bazaars or the museums and temples in Kandy without needing to get online. Stunning images – a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
• Things not to miss – Rough Guides’rundown of the best sights and experiences in Sri Lanka.
• Itineraries – carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
• Detailed coverage – this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
• Areas covered include: Colombo, Kandy, Ella, Galle, Sigiriya, Mirissa, Arugam Bay, Kataragama, Weligama, HortonPlains, Jaffna, Dambulla
• Attractions include: Adam’s Peak, Temple of the Tooth, Yala National Park, World’s End, Anuradhapura, The Pettah.
• Basics – essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media festivals, outdoor activities, national parks, culture, shopping, travelling with children and more.
• Background information – a Contexts chapter devoted to history, Sri Lankan Buddhism, Buddhist art and architecture, wildlife, tea and books, as well as a helpful language section and glossary.
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with The Rough Guide to Sri Lanka