Core Java, Volume II-Advanced Features, 10th Edition by Cay S. Horstmann
English | December 21st, 2016 (2017 Edition) | ISBN: 0134177290, 9780134177298 | 1086 Pages | True PDF | 18.51 MB
Core Java® has long been recognized as the leading, no-nonsense tutorial and reference for experienced programmers who want to write robust Java code for real-world applications. Now, Core Java®, Volume II-Advanced Features, Tenth Edition, has been extensively updated to reflect the most eagerly awaited and innovative version of Java in years: Java SE 8.
Rewritten and reorganized to illuminate powerful new Java features, idioms, and best practices for enterprise and desktop development, it contains hundreds of up-to-date example programs-all carefully crafted for easy understanding and practical applicability.
Writing for serious programmers solving real-world problems, Cay Horstmann deepens your understanding of today’s Java language and library. In this second of two updated volumes, he offers in-depth coverage of advanced topics including the new Streams API and date/time/calendar library, advanced Swing, security, code processing, and more.
This guide will help you
• Use the new Streams library to process collections more flexibly and efficiently
• Efficiently access files and directories, read/write binary or text data, and serialize objects
• Work with Java SE 8’s regular expression package
• Make the most of XML in Java: parsing, validation, XPath, document generation, XSL, and more
• Efficiently connect Java programs to network services
• Program databases with JDBC 4.2
• Elegantly overcome date/time programming complexities with the new java.time API
• Write internationalized programs with localized dates/times, numbers, text, and GUIs
• Process code with the scripting API, compiler API, and annotation processors
• Enforce security via class loaders, bytecode verification, security managers, permissions, user authentication, digital signatures, code signing, and encryption
• Master advanced Swing components for lists, tables, trees, text, and progress indicators
• Produce high-quality drawings with the Java 2D API
• Use JNI native methods to leverage code in other languages
If you’re an experienced programmer moving to Java SE 8, Core Java®, Tenth Edition, is the reliable, practical, and complete guide to the Java platform that has been trusted by developers for over twenty years.